Relief efforts are building in response to the 7.0 magnitude earthquake that hit Haiti yesterday. Centered 10 miles from the capital Port Au Prince, it was the worst earthquake to hit the region in more than 200 years and the devastation is enormous—thousands of structures have been destroyed, including hospitals and countless homes—people are trapped in the rubble, and we don’t even know the full extent of the damage.
Do not contribute to the Red Cross (organizational corruption) or Yele Haiti, Wyclef Jean’s organization which is distributing his call for US military intervention in Haiti.
- Call for Solidarity and Funds for the Working People of Haiti!
- “The Sound of Screaming Is Constant”–Haiti Devastated by Massive Earthquake, Desperate Search for Survivors Continues
- Report from Haiti: Desperate Call for Aid with Rescue Equipment, Medicine, Food & Water in Short Supply
- Haiti Devastated by Largest Earthquake in 200 Years, Thousands Feared Dead
- “S.O.S… Port-au-Prince is Devastated…” 7.0 Earthquake Hits Haiti
- Haiti: eye-witness to devastation
- An Urgent Appeal from the Haiti Emergency Relief Fund
- Seismologist Roger Musson: Haiti Quake Was ‘The Big One’
- Banks, Credit Card Companies Profiting From Haiti’s Tragedy
- Naomi Klein Issues Haiti Disaster Capitalism Alert: Stop Them Before They Shock Again
- People’s Global Solidarity Appeal to Support Haitian Earthquake Victims!
- Red Cross probed on Katrina fraud
More news and analysis